This is a special post. In many ways. It’s not an informative one. Nor is it a post that will inspire you to travel to some place new. But it’s a post I love and I will for ever hold dear because it celebrates our nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am overjoyed as I’m writing these lines because our baby travel blog is only a few months old and, yet, it has stood out and earned its first ever recognition. Most importantly, by its peers. So, at this point, I would like to thank fellow travel blog Hang Around the World for this honour. This blog is an amazing source of travel inspiration that you should definitely check out. Grazie di cuore, Amalia e Paolo.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given from bloggers to fellow bloggers who inspire creativity and positivity and who bring sunshine to the blogging community and to their readerships alike. It is a way of encouraging one another as in saying “Hey, you are doing a great job and we can see it. Keep it up!”. Now you know why I feel so happy to have received this award.
Those nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award need to follow a set of simple rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions posed by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other blogs to receive the award.
4. Write your own 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
6. Let the bloggers you nominated know you did so via social media.
So, here are my answers to the questions posed by Amalia and Paolo from Hang Around the world.
1. What is your biggest dream?
My biggest dream is to see as much of our world as possible. To be honest, my life’s goal and dream is to finally be able to travel full time.
2. What was the idea that made you create a blog?
There are two things I love most in life: travelling and writing. So, I thought that creating my own travel blog would be the ideal way to do something I love.
3. Apart from the blog, what are your hobbies?
Lately, the blog takes up all of my time! However, my hobbies include reading literature, going to the cinema, baking and wandering in my hometown Athens, discovering its treasures.
4. What suggestions would you give to someone who is about to start a blog?
I would tell those who are about to start their blogs not to delay it any further. Sure, you need to be prepared and feel ready before launching your blog, but there is so much more to learn once your website is live that no time should be wasted.
5. Is there any part of the world that you have not yet visited but would you like to visit?
There are many parts of the world that I would love to visit but I haven’t yet such as the USA, South America and Asia.
6. What do you do in life?
I am a language teacher. I teach English and Greek. Currently, though, I work for the Greek Ministry of Education and I have a 9-5 office job in Education Management.
7. Is there anything you’d like to do but you have never done?
I’d like to stay in another country for a couple of months instead of just visit for a few days.
8. Do you prefer to visit the cities during the summer or winter season?
Actually, something in between. I think that the best time to visit a city is during spring, when weather is mild and days are long. Autumn is fantastic, too. During summer I prefer the beach. Lastly, winter makes it difficult to fully enjoy a city due to low temperatures.
9. What is your favorite foreign dish or the typical dish that you prefer in your city?
My favourite foreign dishes are pizza and pasta. Then again, Italy feels like home to me, so I don’t consider them foreign dishes at all.
10. Do you prefer sea or mountain?
I am definitely a sea person.
11. Are you a night or morning person?
Well, it depends. But I think I am a bit more of a night person.
Now it’s my turn to ask my fellow travel bloggers a few things:
- Who is the person who inspired you the most and helped you decide to start your own blog?
- If you should stop travelling for some reason, which is the one country you would like to spend the rest of your life in?
- How do you spend your time during flights/train journeys etc?
- Which is the one thing about blogging you hate the most?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- What do you usually buy as souvenirs from the places you visit?
- Is there something you always take with you in your travels?
- What is your best tip for packing light?
- Road trip or scenic train ride?
- Is it important for you to taste a destination’s local food/wine etc?
- Do you send postcards to your loved ones while travelling?
And here are the 11 wonderful travel blogs I nominate for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Sometimes Away
- Sometime Traveller
- Eff it, I’m on Holiday
- Ireland Stole my Heart
- Nonstop Travellers
- Explorer Sue
- Miles Away
- Travellous World
- Pateando Caminos
- Living Wonderfilled
- Ginger Shorts
So, that’s it! I would like to thank Amalia and Paolo from Hang Around the World once more for nominating us. In doing so, they sure brought a ray of sunshine in this often difficult but always fascinating journey through the blogging universe!